1. What products are included on your Web site?
This Web site contains our ENTIRE catalog, including part numbers, sizes, and suggested retail pricing. If you want our catalog for reference, please contact our customer service department at email@example.com
2. Do you accept online orders?
Yes you can purchase from our website by following the standard ordering process on our website.
3. How do I locate my local dealer?
Where did you purchase your bike? That is where you should start. If they cannot help you, use our dealer locator on our website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Will the bag I like fit my bike?
After viewing all of our styles, shapes, and sizes, pick the bag that you like. Review our measuring guide to determine if the bags will work with your bike.
5. Will your bags fit over my seat, or can I hard mount them to my bike?
All of our bags are designed to be mounted over, or under the seat. Our bags can also be used with quick release and hard mount products like Easy Brackets or our Universal Hard-Mount Kit.
6. Do you make bags for specific motorcycles?
We do not make model specific bags. Our saddlebags are designed to universally fit most of the standard bikes on the market.
7. Do you offer other colors or customization?
We only make our standard Willie & Max luggage in black. We do have our Semi-Custom Colors program that allows you to choose from different colors for insert panels on selected bags.
8. Do you recommend and sell saddlebag supports?
We do highly recommend saddlebag supports or mounting bracket kits, such as our Universal Hard Mount/Support Kit or Easy Brackets, be used with our saddlebags. We do not sell model specific saddlebag supports.
9. What if I have questions about your products?
After reviewing the above-mentioned resources on our site, please feel free to contact our customer service department at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-558-7755
10. There is a problem with my shipment. What should I do?
Please contact our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. My order never arrived. What should I do?
If you experience any problems with your order please contact our customer service department at email@example.com
12. How do I get a copy of my invoice?
A copy of your invoice can be obtained by contacting our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Can I return an item I purchased?
Any item can be returned within 30 days for a full refund less shipping fees and 15% restocking fee as long as it has not been modified.
The proper measurements required for our universally fitting bags are as follows:
1. Measure side to side, from the back of the saddle, (riders position) to the arm of the directional signal, and compare the width measurements of the desired Willie & Max saddlebag. This measurement should be greater than the bag width.
2. Measure from top to bottom. Use the bottom of the seat pad to the top of the exhaust pipe as a reference, and allow no less than 2 inches greater than the height of the desired bag for clearance.
Using the lace that tied the two halves together, overlap the two yokes, aligning the holes, making sure that you will have enough clearance to keep the bottom of the bag from touching the exhaust pipes. Check the clearance of the bags from the pipes with the bags loaded to ensure that touching the exhaust pipes would not occur at any time. Each yoke has multiple holes punched into them. Depending on the width and thickness of your seat, position the yokes so that they are long enough to overlap and hang without obstruction. Lace the two sides together as you would a shoe, crisscrossing the lace. Tie the ends together with a secure knot. Excess lace can be cut off. Melt the ends with a lighter to ensure it does not unravel.
Place the bags over or under your seat, (making sure that it faces forward for our slant style bags). You will be able to determine the front by looking at the bag; it should look like it leans forward. Please note that we highly recommend saddlebag supports. You will also void your saddlebag warranty if you use the bags without saddlebag supports. Your dealer should be able to help you get them, or you can use our hard mount kit HM633 or the Easy Brackets, HM655.
There are additional laces included in your bags. Each half bag has multiple looped web tabs on the sides and bottom of the bags. Using the laces secure the tabs to your motorcycle or your saddlebag support. This is a requirement! This secures each half bag to your motorcycle. Because our products fit a number of styles and sizes of motorcycles, we do not have specific places we recommend to secure the tabs to your bike. However, there are numerous securing points on your bike to accomplish this task.
In many cases, you have the option of hard mounting your saddlebags to your bike. This is accomplished by using our Universal Hard Mount Kit - HM633 or Easy Brackets, quick release hard mount kit.
Sissy Bar Bags
Sissy Bar Bags are easily attached by slipping the supplied lace through the looped web tabs on the bag and tie the lace directly to the sissy bar frame.
Tour Packs / Max-Pax
Position the Tour Pack on the luggage rack, attach the hook and loop straps securely around the sissy bar. Insert the bungee cord through the web tabs located on the bottom of the tour pack and securely wrap around the bars of the luggage rack.
The Willie & Max tool pouch is designed to be mounted under the headlight on the lower fork clamp, above the headlight on the handlebars or on the back of the bike on a sissy bar or luggage rack. To install the tool pouch, wrap the double-sided hook and loop strap around the desired surface and secure tightly.
About our products:
- Water repellent – not water proof
- Formulated with flame retardant – will not sustain a flame but it will melt at ~750 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Antimicrobial inhibitors – won’t mild or mildew
- Cold crack inhibitors – will not crack in cold weather
- UV Protection – 1000 hour UV protection. Material won’t fade peel or crack
Our material wipes clean with a damp cloth and never needs creams or lotions. If heavily soiled use mild dishwashing detergent, make sure to rinse off detergent completely.